Tuesday, November 23, 2010

You know that age we all reach when one minute we look like a little kid but then the next minute we catch a glimpse of ourselves from another angle and OH MY GOODNESS WHEN DID THAT YOUNG WOMAN GET HERE? That must be exactly what Elizabeth is thinking these days. I promise you, she was three years old only about two weeks ago. Okay, maybe seven.

Now look at her. Playing the oboe and clarinet ...


... twirling in her ooh-la-la dress ...

... standing there with her pearls and her long blonde hair blowing in the breeze.


Even her smile and direct gaze have a new, grownup feel.


And she's suddenly become an outdoor girl who's able to withstand chilly temperatures and gusty winds ...


... and isn't afraid to take her surfboard out in those conditions!


"Don't you need a wetsuit?"
"Nah, I won't be cold."


Turns out she was cold but she toughed it out until her mom and I called her back to shore. What a trooper!


How impressive you are, Elizabeth, in so many ways.


I'm glad we braved that gusty afternoon together, and I'm really glad to see how God is shaping you into a young woman who feels more and more free to be 100% Elizabeth! OH MY GOODNESS WHEN DID THAT YOUNG WOMAN GET HERE?!!

You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit,
how I was sculpted from nothing into something.
Like an open book, You watched me grow from conception to birth;
all the stages of my life were spread out before You,
the days of my life all prepared
before I'd even lived one day.
Psalm 139:15-16 MESSAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment