Wednesday, December 29, 2010

When Trudi contacted me about doing a family photo shoot to celebrate her Fierce Fiftieth, I knew I could look forward to a great time. Actually, I would have expected a fun time anyway because these particular people are incapable of NOT having fun.


Trudi and Gus are one of those couples who radiate love. For one another, for their kids, for the entire universe. God knew what He was doing when he choreographed the intricate dance that would cause their paths to cross.

Danielle, Gabe and Christin represent the many facets of their parents' union: humor, intelligence, mischief, and warmth.


Trudi and company were remarkably easy to position for group shots. They naturally fell into one lovely pose after another, which meant I simply had to encourage their ever-ready goofiness. The sequence would go something like this:
- Oh, that looks nice!
- OK, now look at each other.
- My goodness, I didn't think you could be any more adorable but I was wrong!

Or:
- Stand by the fence and hold hands.
- Now be super heroes.
- Y'all are AWESOME.

And then:
- I think this spot calls for a bit of dancing.
- Now sit in a straight row and try to be somewhat serious.
- Sigh. Perfection.


And finally:
- Could you just sort of fall on one another like I've completely exhausted you during this session?
- Could we just keep on taking pictures together forever, please?

Beautiful girls. Waltzing boys.


Trudi's whole world captured in a single frame.


Happy Birthday, dear! Fifty looks fabulous on you, and your next fifty will surely bring even more evidence of God's fierce love for you and yours.

God, God, a God of mercy and grace,
endlessly patient --
so much love, so deeply true --
loyal in love for a thousand generations,
forgiving iniquity, rebellion, and sin.
Exodus 34:4 MESSAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment