Saturday, November 5, 2011

Since I'm doing a horrible job of posting session peeks in a timely manner, I figured I'd get even further off-track by sharing some personal photos from this weekend. My parents have been visiting and we went on a little road trip to Bastrop, San Marcos and Lockhart. Yesterday we made it to all three places in one 11-hour period. Talk about your excitement!

First up, we drove out to look at some property near Bastrop that my dad has a hankerin to buy. (Excuse me -- we been practicin our Texas-speak while nosin around them thar parts.) No, this property is not really near where the big wildfire was, but it's been suffering from the drought just the same.


It's still really pretty though. I enjoyed wandering around with my camera while Daddy talked with the realtor and Mom muttered under her breath -- I mean, listened thoughtfully.



When I looked straight ahead, I mainly saw dry and dead underbrush. Another name for that is wildfire kindling. But when I looked up, I saw greenery too stubborn to give up just because of a li'l ole thing like too little rain.



Lots and lots of cedar trees here.



Also surprising little bits of cactus peeking through every now and then.






After Mom and I dragged Daddy away from "his" property, we headed to San Marcos for a visit with our girl.



She put her sparkly gold shoes to good use while showing us around some of the Square and taking us to dinner at The Trailers. That's what it's called, right Mag? We considered all of the fare offered by each food trailer, then settled on an assortment of tacos at Mr. Bigotes. Yum. Meeee.



We then bid our tour guide adieu and drove back to the surprisingly gracious Lockhart Best Western Inn. On our way into town I asked Daddy to turn around just so I could get out and snap a shot of my Friend:




I'm not really a good snapshot taker, but hopefully these shots give you an idea of the kinds of things that grab my eye while I'm out and about.


Ears to hear and eyes to see -- both are gifts from the Lord.


Proverbs 20:12

No comments:

Post a Comment