Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What a privilege it is to be asked to photograph children as they grow up. This was my third session with Piper, and she's getting to be such a big girl! Soon she won't need Mama's fingers at all:


I think Piper may have a hunch that she is C.U.T.E.

The nice thing about photographing almost-one-year-olds is that they move around for a while and then they sit awhile. Then they move around a bit more before sitting a bit more.


As you can see, Piper inherited her fashion sense as well as her beauty from her mom, Tricia. I'm amazed that my camera could even handle these double-doses of gorgeousness:


Last but not least, the Starlet shot. If you look closely at the reflections in Piper's glasses, you'll see me crouched down behind the camera and Tricia waving her arms behind me. Not long afterwards we were both singing "Shake, shake, shake" while shaking our booties. Whatever it takes to get a great shot -- we paparazzi truly have very little shame:

Thanks for letting us use your beautiful grounds for this session, Sunny Hearts. And thanks again for giving me another excuse to crawl around on the ground, Piper and Tricia! I'm honored to capture just a fraction of your loveliness as well as your love for one another. May you enjoy this time of first steps and new horizons!
Put out Your hand and steady me.
Invigorate my soul so I can praise You well.
And should I wander off like a lost sheep -- seek me!
I'll recognize the sound of Your voice.
Psalm 119:173-176 MESSAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment