Saturday, April 11, 2009

My little friend Ethan got to be the first Wonderfully Made baby-in-a-basket recently. We set him down in a field of wildflowers and watched him try to take it all in:


I think it blew his mind a little bit! Well, that and the 40 degree wind that whipped through that morning...



I persuaded Mom Laura to get in on the photo action, and Ethan seemed to really enjoy their playtime. The Man of a Million Faces:



I can't say for sure, but I think this was a morning of several new experiences. It's a good thing we used the basket for this session because Ethan will have outgrown it before we get together again for his six month session. In fact, he barely fit into it at three months. He's a strapping young laddie, that Ethan!


How will this baby's temperament and physique further develop over the years to come? What marvelous accomplishments will his future bring? Only One knows the answers to those questions right now, but it won't be long before the rest of us are privileged to find out. Thanks for introducing me to your fine young man, Laura (and thank you Nonnie/Eileen for giving this session as a Christmas gift). You're already off to a wonderful start along the motherhood path!
You know me inside and out,
You know every bone in my body;
You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit,
how I was sculpted from nothing into something.
Like an open book, You watched me grow from conception to birth;
all the stages of my life were spread out before You,
the days of my life all prepared before I'd even lived one day.
Psalm 139:15-18 MESSAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment