Wednesday, May 19, 2010

OK, so this family session started off normally enough. We got several really nice shots including all three generations, such as this one ...


... and this one ...


... this one ...


... and this one. Isn't Zia a cutie?


But then everyone started to get comfortable with the whole picture-taking process, and one by one they began to let their hair down.

Once the snuggling and smooching got underway, I very nearly lost control. Of myself. As it turns out, it's pretty challenging to hold a camera steady while laughing.


I love it when people reveal their true selves during a photo shoot. The results are so much more fun that way!


As I was sorting through all of the images from this next series to choose the best ones, I honestly laughed until I cried. My directions were for Lew and Pam to be mushy, and for their kids to react in whatever way they wanted. I love the progression:
- Robbi looking down first
- Le noticing that Robbi is shocked
- Le and Robbi being fully grossed out while Adde glances down and involuntarily goes "eewww"
- Adde, Le and Robbi having a good laugh over their Oscar-worthy performances
- Sterling maintaining the exact same expression in every shot
Still makes me smile. :-)

I think Zia and Zoe were given just the right family to be a part of, and I'll bet that Robbi and Sterling's baby will fit right in as well.


Thanks so much for throwing yourselves into the experience, everyone. You are a bunch of true originals, and I hope these portraits remind you of our playful morning together for years to come!

But what happens when we live God's way?
He brings gifts into our lives,
much the same way that fruit appears in an orchard --
things like affection for others,
exuberance about life,
serenity.
Galatians 5:22 MESSAGE

1 comment:

  1. I laughed more just reading your narration of the pictures. It was very accurate. It was a lot of fun and look forward to more photo sessions with you in the future as the girls get older =)

    ReplyDelete