Friday, May 14, 2010

Well, it took us awhile, but we have finally made it to the end of my Class of 2010 sessions! I was blessed this year to get to work with 46 terrific seniors, and all but 9 of those were photographed after Christmas. Next year's senior season will begin even earlier -- July! -- so that I can serve even more grads without (hopefully) losing my mind. To encourage the Class of 2011 to begin booking this summer, I am offering....

a $50 print credit for all sessions completed before the first day of school!

Ready to get started? Contact me for details!


I'll bet you're ready for me to get started with today's photos now. Who am I to make you wait one minute longer? Let's begin with the lovely Taylor, who helped me charm our way into the fire station for a few shots as we wandered the streets of downtown Angleton on a quiet late afternoon.



Then she suited up and turned into SuperPitcher. I love these next two shots, especially because I hadn't been out onto a softball field since barely making it through two fourth grade softball games before giving up the dream. Maybe if I'd hung in there I could have developed into a superstar like Taylor. Don't worry. I'm not even fooling myself. She's pretty awesome.

This is Taylor's dad's favorite shot, and I really like it too.


Next up is Jacob, who is so cool that signs can't help but point at him.


See what I mean? Only a seriously cool guy could pull off this pose, and this was just one in a series of equally cool and impressive poses.


Jacob is interested in a career in criminal justice, and I do believe he'll have both the personal integrity and imposing stature to make a name for himself.


The car won't hurt either.


Mallory makes her mark by using a completely different approach: sassiness. Fabulous, confident sassiness.


In fact, I believe Tyra Banks could learn a thing or two from this young lady. One minute she's flouncing down a dirt road as if it's a high fashion runway ...


... and the next minute she's soft and serene in the late afternoon sunlight.


No matter what she's doing, Mallory is simply being Mallory, and that's a beautiful thing to behold!


Finally the day of my last senior session arrived, and I was so glad to get to wrap up the season with Ryan! I remember meeting him on the first day of first grade, and what a lively bunch of kids that class turned out to be. I volunteered to be Room Mom, so there were lots of opportunities to get to know all of the characters in that classroom. Ryan was one of the more, shall we say, cooperative students, and his bright, quiet smile was always a pleasure to see. It still is!

Here he is, smiling cooperatively while teetering dangerously near death on the slanted edge of a bridge with no escape should a train have suddenly come roaring around the bend.


And now he's standing in nearly waist-high grass as chiggers almost certainly scoot up his pants legs, yet he remains patient and calm.


Pretend to chew on a weed? Certainly, Mrs. Heath. You are insane, but I'm happy to humor you.

This last shot took some extra wheedling. Ryan keeps his enormous truck in pristine shape, and he would never climb up and relax on it. I'm glad he cooperated one more time though because it gave me the perfect ending for my last senior season blog post!


I love family sessions. I adore taking pictures of babies and brides and engaged couples and octogenarians and preschoolers and butterflies and pregnant tummies. But my absolute favorite subjects are seniors. Looking into their eyes and drawing out their unique mix of personality traits gives me great joy and satisfaction. I can't wait to get started on the next crop! (Well, I can wait for a few weeks while I recover, but you know what I mean.) Thanks to Taylor, Jacob, Mallory and Ryan for helping me wrap up this year on a high note, and may you never lose sight of just how perfectly YOU you were created to be.

We will not compare ourselves with each other
as if one of us were better and another worse.
We have far more interesting things to do with our lives.
Each of us is an original.
Galatians 5:26 MESSAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment