Saturday, October 10, 2009

When you turned three, what sort of birthday party did you have? Well, Mary B had her party at Buckhorn Ranch, and oh my goodness was she delighted!



Little sister Lila was also celebrating her first birthday, and she kept her grandmas and friends busy trying to match her pace. "Let's play here! Ooooh, nice hat. Can I borrow it? Mmmmmm, I hadn't realized I was so hungry. Hey! What's going on in here? Pony rides! Lemme at 'em!"


As much as Mary B loved riding the pony, she ADORED the animals in the petting zoo. This ball of fluff occupied much of her time and attention.
Mary B's eyes are saying, "I must touch that rabbit. I must. I must find a way to get. that. rabbit.
...
I had never before realized that cages are as much a form of protection as they are restriction.


Some of the other patient animals who seemed perfectly content to let small children pet, pat, and poke them:


This goat was out enjoying a stroll. Had he had his fill of children petting him? Is he more of a roving ambassador free to roam where he chooses?


Finally the time came to cut the beautiful horse-shaped birthday cake. Mary B and some of her friends got front row seats for the occasion...


...while Lila was happy to wait for someone to bring her a slice and let her dig in.


What a fun party! Happy Birthday, Mary B and Lila! Thank you for inviting me to come and take pictures of your big day. Many happy trails to you!

May all the gifts and benefits
that come from God our Father, and the Master, Jesus Christ,
be yours.
1 Corinthians 1:3 MESSAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment