Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year, blog friends! I hope your holidays have been joyously restful and you haven't missed me too terribly. I've been taking a much-needed break from my computer after my busiest pre-Christmas photo season ever, but now I am ready to get back to work making beautiful portraits and sharing them with you here!

Speaking of beautiful portraits, this is one that I just love ...


... and not only because of the shot itself. I also happen to love all three people in this photo: my cousin Rebecca (first cousin once removed, to be exact), her husband Matthew and their son Caleb. They have been my most patient clients ever, considering that they came all the way from Virginia to do their session during the week of Thanksgiving, it took me nearly a month to prepare their gallery of images, and I'm only just now unveiling some of my favorites here. But we got so many fun shots -- including these two of the cutest three-year-old boy I know:

I'll be quiet for a minute and just let you get to know this family through their photos, which are a pretty accurate representation, if I do say so myself.




Are you seeing a trend here? Generally Rebecca stirs things up, Caleb takes it all in with a grin, and Matt simply adores them both.


Part of Rebecca's goal for our session was to get some nice shots of just the two of them -- happy 5th anniversary!


Since we just happened to be in the neighborhood, we stopped in to visit Riverview Trains. Caleb's day suddenly got a thousand times more exciting than it had already been! Except that we did have to leave at some point...


Rebecca had requested to use as many of my "small town Texas" locations as possible for our shoot, so naturally we had to head to my favorite front porch and tree-lined street.




SIGH. I just love you people. Thanks for spending the morning toodling around the countryside with me, thanks for being so patient and eager to take more more more photos, and thanks for being your awesome everyday selves. I'm grateful that we get to be a part of one another's journey!
For we are God's own handiwork, His workmanship,
recreated in Christ, born anew,
that we may do those good works which God predestined, planned beforehand for us,
taking paths which He prepared ahead of time that we should walk in them,
living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live.
Ephesians 2:10 Amplified

1 comment:

  1. hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just saw these again and thought yet again that they are AMAZING. One day I'll actually pick photos for that book....... :)

    ReplyDelete