Thursday, January 14, 2010

When I took engagement photos of Jessica and Dallas a little more than a year ago, I knew they had big things in store for their lives together.


I just didn't have any idea that their first big thing would be such a tiiiiiiiiny little thing, and that he would make such a huge impact on their lives so quickly! Say hello to baby Declan:


Declan kindly agreed to snuggle in front of a brightly lit window for me just about the time he was celebrating the end of his first week as Center of the Universe. He did his best to stay awake, but he'd been up all night running the universe the night before. It's a big job but somebody's gotta do it.

His Grammy Sandy is one of Declan's most willing subjects. She mused, "Where will these precious feet take him? What will he do with these hands?"


No matter where he goes, no matter what sort of work he does with his hands, one thing is sure: Declan will be loved.


I mean really -- who could resist this kid?! Certainly not anyone who's blessed enough to be part of his universe.


Welcome, sweet little one. I can vouch for these people and assure you that you've been placed in very good hands. I look forward to the fine young man I know you will become. May your days be many and your powers used only for good. xo

Live under the protection of God Most High,
and stay in the shadow of God All-Powerful.
Then you will say to the Lord,
"You are my fortress, my place of safety;
You are my God, and I trust You."
Psalm 91:1-2 CEV

No comments:

Post a Comment