Friday, September 25, 2009

I just flew in from LA, and boy are my arms tired! (Sorry. I had to.)

I really did go to LA this week, mainly to visit my parents (aka Actress Granny Jane and Chauffeur David) but also to meet and/or reconnect with some other friends who live in the area. On my first night in town, I had the joy of seeing one of my high school classmates after a 32-year separation. I think it's possible that we like each other even more now than we did way back when! Here's Amy with Kevin, Jocelyn and Ava:


The next day I got to meet Dylan, whose mom Heidi is one of the key people who encouraged my mom to become Actress Granny Jane. Heidi is an actress, acting coach and practitioner of loving fully. You can read more about her project here, and you can see one of the primary recipients of her love right here:

Actress Granny Jane has been working diligently to convince Dylan that she's trustworthy enough to babysit him now and then. I think she's making good progress!


The third day of my visit brought a photo shoot with Actress Granny Pat, one of my mom's running buddies and frequent competitor for acting granny roles.


Pat and Mom have many things in common, including their Texas twangs, former elementary school teaching careers, and ever-ready senses of humor.


In between shots of Pat, I also grabbed a few nice photos of Mom...


... and her handsome driver David. She's working on getting him into show business as well since there have been several opportunities for them to audition for couple roles.


And really, who could resist these two?


All in all, I'd say this was a very memorable trip! I'm looking forward to returning to LA in the spring, when Mom and Dad will probably be too busy shooting commercials and starring in sitcoms to drive me all around town. No problem -- I'll just sneak backstage and capture all of the excitement for you, dear blog readers!
In all my prayers,
I ask God to make it possible for me to visit you.
I want to see you and share with you
the same blessings that God's Spirit has given me.
Romans 1:10-11 CEV

No comments:

Post a Comment