Thursday, September 17, 2009

Mornings at Danbury's Skrabanek Park are becoming a regular thing for me, which is just fine now that the worst of summer seems to be behind us. (Dare we hope?)

I met Kiersten and Trace there, along with their mommy and Aunt Tammy. We had a good time running around and playing. Let me clarify: Trace had fun playing while Kiersten ran around and around and around, all the while carrying her brand new favorite stick in the world.


Every now and then Kiersten's orbit crossed paths with Trace's general vicinity:

When you're Trace's age, Mommy's lap is a very nice place to be.


When you're Kiersten's age, you have to be lured into grabbing range. Her mommy has that game down pat:


Here Kiersten is laughing at us for being silly enough to imagine that she might join the group for a photo. But I guess this shot proves I had the last laugh, now didn't I?!


It really is fun to spend time with little ones and search for ways to connect with them in their language and in their timeframe. We may never achieve classic poses, but I get a glimpse into their priceless uniqueness, and that's what matters most to me. Thanks for sharing your kiddos with me, Deanna!
You are the one
who put me together inside my mother's body.
Nothing about me is hidden from You!
Even before I was born,
You had written in Your book everything I would do.
Psalm 139:13, 15-16 CEV

No comments:

Post a Comment