Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I think I may have discovered the next Carol Burnett. Last week I did school photos for a local preschool, and Gina was my very last subject. I told her where to stand and was about to ask how she wanted to pose when she eagerly leapt into action:


I should have known something like that was coming. After all, just a minute earlier Gina had opened our session with this series of shots:


With the rest of her class getting restless and her teacher running out of ideas for keeping them contained, I tried one last round. "Just look at me and smile an everyday smile. Umm... just look at me and don't smile. Come on now, everyone's waiting. Ready? Here we go!" And Gina just kept doing her thing, very much enjoying her time to shine in front of the camera.


To get four mom-pleasing poses, I shot a total of nearly 100 images. At the time my back was aching, I was sweaty and out of breath, and I was looking forward to collapsing onto my couch with a cold bottle of water. I had no idea how many fun and wonderful photos I'd managed to capture of this little character, including this one that calls out, "Put me on stage and give me an audience!"


I'll be on the front row, Gina. Thanks for the biggest post-shoot belly laugh I've had in quite a while!

I praise You because of
the wonderful way You created me...
Even before I was born,
You had written in Your book
everything I would do.
Psalm 139:14-15 CEV

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the amazing pictures. My baby looks beautiful. She is a little character. I would like to have you do a photo shoot with all my girls. Just wait 'til you meet her 2 sisters! You made my day and have made me even prouder of my baby! - Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun must it be to get to be a part of The Gina Show every day! I'm glad you love her pictures, and I'm looking forward to meeting the rest of the characters in your troupe of performers. :-)

    ReplyDelete