Saturday, February 26, 2011

Curtis is the Birthday Boy today! We celebrated by going to the Mucky Duck last night and pretending we were back in Ireland. We did a pretty good job of convincing ourselves, but I wish it hadn't been quite so dark at our table.


Warren Hood and the Goods provided terrific entertainment. Give them a listen!


I did my best to find a small Irish inn or B&B to stay in, but Houston seems to have an affinity for ginormous hotels and motel chains. We did enjoy our night at the Hotel Indigo near the Galleria ...


... along with our spring-is-in-the-air walk down Hidalgo Street on a restful Saturday morning. Curtis used our walk to perfect his photo-bombing skills. Since he's the Birthday Boy, I didn't even holler at him.



Waterwall Park was only a few blocks away, so Curtis wasn't the least bit worn out for his birthday photo shoot.


This next shot was supposed to include the Williams Tower, but I stink at this sort of self-portrait. Oh well, at least I captured our adoring gaze.


Last but not least was The Birthday Cake. Have you ever seen such an exquisitely decorated cake? Kroger chose just the right garish icing colors, and I added to the gaiety by attempting to spell Curtis' name with Smarties. I share this with you not to make you jealous (though I'm sure you are), but to confirm that I have no business decorating cakes ever.


Thanks for sharing your day with me for the past 31 years, Curtis Ray. I wouldn't want to spend February 26 with anyone else in the world!
Like an open book, You watched me grow from conception to birth;
all the stages of my life were spread out before You,
the days of my life all prepared before I'd even lived one day.
Psalm 139:16 MESSAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment