Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Might as well start with these shots of John David. I wouldn't want to lull you into thinking, "Oh, what a nice-looking young man," and then later hit you with these two and make you fall out of your chair.


(Also, I know I should probably be calling you JD, but I've known you as John David ever since you were a little adventurer doing things like driving your mom's car through the garage wall, so John David you will always be to me.)

The old Capitol Theater in West Columbia was part of my childhood stomping grounds. It was fun to go back and look around there a bit. I half expected to be greeted by the smell of popcorn and the muffled soundtrack of a cheesy B-movie horror flick like The Legend of Boggy Creek or Ben.

We walked around the side of the building and found a beautifully blank wall perfect for using on John David's graduation announcements. What do you think?
(Also, which is worse: telling a fib or actually spraying graffiti on a wall?)

John David is an AHS varsity basketball player, so of course I had to get a shot that includes his biggest fan.


I love this marble wall! I kept shooting and shooting and shooting here, and every shot was better than the next.


Next we explored the tiny little park nestled between the Columbia Historical Museum and Chesney's Jewelry Store. It may be small, but it packs a wallop with all sorts of nice features.
(Also, the "throw your head back and laugh" trick worked better than you expected, huh John David?"

I don't know why it's taken me so long to shoot in West Columbia. Lots of the sort of spots I like, such as this one:


And this one:


Finally, what you've all been waiting for, John David displaying his Fightin' Aggie Class of 2015 spirit towel swinging skillz!


It will be hard for any Aggie to miss this particular 6'6" fellow. I have a feeling he's going to redefine the meaning of school spirit. Gig 'Em, John David!

(Also, ladies, he's a nice-looking young man AND a truly nice young man. You will love him.)


There's more to come:
We continue to shout our praise even when we're hemmed in with troubles
because we know how troubles can develop passionate patience in us,
and how that patience in turn forges the tempered steel of virtue,
keeping us alert for whatever God will do next.
In alert expectancy such as this, we're never left feeling shortchanged.
Quite the contrary --
we can't round up enough containers to hold everything
God generously pours into our lives through the Holy Spirit!
Romans 5:3-5 MESSAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment