Thursday, March 4, 2010

In the past week I've shot 11 sessions. Yep, you read that right. 11! You've seen two of them already, but I'm really going to have to pick up the pace in order to get them all on the blog in any sort of timely fashion.

Stewart cooperated with two things I'd been wanting to try: heading out to the Stephen F. Austin statue for some shots and capturing a tricky lighting effect. I thought the Father of Texas seemed quite pleased to be included in the session.



Next we headed out to Stewart's uncle's place, which features a double-decker fishing pier in the middle of a bright blue pond. The setting sun gave us some powerfully golden light to attempt to work with.



Usually I try to keep away from enormous power lines, but I really like the way it works in this photo.


Earlier we had used this cool spot at Sunny Hearts as a nice background, but I'm not sure Stewart looked closely at the wall hanging. As I discovered a bit later, he's heading to A&M in the fall and might have some 'splainin to do.


For a guy who isn't thrilled about posing for cameras, you sure gave me some great material to work with, Stewart! I enjoyed exploring two new locations with you, and I'm happy to have given you an excuse to skip that silly dance. Now, are you sure you're not interested in strolling across the stage at the Senior Style Show??
"You're blessed when you're content with just who you are --
no more, no less.
That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought."
Matthew 5:4 MESSAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment